Fix blury apps in Windows 10
For a while I have been having a rather annoying issue on my main PC, where Chrome, Edge (Chromium version), Opera, Microsoft Teams, Atom, Postman and GitKraken would all go blury if out of focus.
After some Googling, and loads of answers blaming the Windows 10 setting to auto fix blury apps (it wasn't this by the way), I found the solution...
It turns out it was my Nvidia graphics driver configuration, the fix is below:
Nvidia Video Cards
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel window by clicking the Nvidia icon in the system tray or the Start menu.
- Click the "Manage 3D Settings" link in the 3D Settings section.
- Click the "Antialiasing - Mode" option to select it, and then select "Off" in the box next to it.
- Click "Apply" to apply the new settings, and then close the Nvidia Control Panel window.
Apparently there is also a fix for ATI cards.... although I cannot confirm this as I do not have one...
ATI Video Cards
- Open the Catalyst Control Center window by clicking the Catalyst icon in the system tray or in the Start menu.
- Click the "3D" node in the left pane, and then click the "Anti-Aliasing" link to view the antialiasing settings in the right pane.
- Select the "Use application settings" option in the "Smoothvision HD: Anti-Aliasing" section. Each application uses its own antialiasing options, so you just need to turn off the antialiasing option in the application's settings.